Oh Sugar Cake Company would love to create your perfect celebration cake!
We are based in Cwmbran and cover Cardiff & surrounding areas too.

For more details please visit www.facebook.com/ohsugarcakecompany



Sunday 25 November 2012

New Flavours

Some of you may have noticed I posted on Facebook recently asking if anyone wanted to help out with new flavour ideas. I had some lovely suggestions and one really jumped out at me.

I like to bake things that suit my mood and with the rubbish weather and dark nights who would ever turn down apple pie and ice cream? This flavour suggestion came from Kira and I'll be popping some of the new cake in the post for her to taste test later in the week.

But now it's confession time.......

I didn't really want new flavours, it was all a secret plot!

A friend of mine is turning 40 next week and I wanted to organise a special treat for her. I wanted her cake to be something she really fancied eating and could enjoy so I came up with the plan to ask for flavour help on Facebook! Luckily she completely fell for it and gave me a few suggestions. I even found out today how disappointed she was that she hadn't won the Facebook competition!

A group of us organised a surprise gathering today to celebrate the upcoming 40th birthday. After we enjoyed lunch the cake was brought out, chocolate and popcorn cake!

The cake was a caramel mud cake and was filled with a chocolate and popcorn filling. I also added popping candy to give extra 'pop'. The whole cake was then covered with chocolate ganache and simply decorated with toffee popcorn :-)






Happy 40th Birthday Belinda! Hope you enjoy the cake and have a lovely birthday xx

- Posted using BlogPress

No comments:

Post a Comment